Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More seeds are sprouting

Broccoli seedlings

Most of the tomatoes are sprouting now above the fridge.  The broccoli is growing fast and most of the broccoli seeds that hadn’t sprouted a couple days ago are now up.  Most of the basil has sprouted. 

The Gurney’s order came today, well the seed part.  The onions, garlic, rhubarb & asparagus will be shipped when they’re ok to plant.  I won’t have time to plant the cauliflower today, so I’ll do that tomorrow morning.  I’ll bring Sean & Melinda’s part of the order out to them tomorrow and help Sean measure the garden so we can figure out a garden plan for them.

I worked on the frames for more of the planting beds.  Most of them are done now – just 4 left to go and then I can start filling them in when the ground completely thaws.  With the record temperatures we’re having it shouldn’t take too long.  It was in the 70s today!

Since it’s been so warm I thought I should check on the strawberries and sure enough, there are several plants up already.

Just before turning the grow lights off tonight I noticed most of the sage plants are starting to poke through the soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear as soon as it is approved by the administrator.