Sunday, April 29, 2012

Progress & Volunteer Plants


Spent most of the day pulling LOTS of weeds, including a whole bunch of dandelions.  Hopefully I got most of the dandelion roots since they had pretty much taken over the area where the onions were last year and the tomato beds are this year.  I thought we had harvested all of the onions last fall, but I discovered 3 onions so I pulled them & we’ll eat them as green onions in the next few days.   I finished putting the box supports in place for the asparagus so I can get that planted in the next few days.

Many of the peas are starting to come up.  As I was pulling weeds in the bed with the oregano I noticed several dill plants coming up that didn’t grow last year.  Since that bed is mostly herbs I’m just leaving them and weeding around them in case my dill that I intentionally plant this year don’t do well.  If they do, then I’ll just have extra dill. J

There are a couple Black Seeded Simpson growing out of the side of one of the planting boxes, but I left them for now.  I’ll harvest them when I put the newspaper and wood chip mulch down.  There were a couple romaine plants growing in the box where I’m putting the pumpkins, but I just pulled those with the weeds.

Peas

Peas

Arugula

Black Seeded Simpson

Oregano

Green onions


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear as soon as it is approved by the administrator.