Friday, September 7, 2012

Lots of canning

I've been busy canning the last few days.  I made two batches of mild salsa, a batch of taco sauce, pickled banana peppers, to quarts of cured cukes, nine quarts of kosher dill pickles, a batch of sweet pickles, a batch of Apple Kiwi Strawberry Jam, a batch of Cranberry Raspberry Jam, and two batches of sweet pickle relish.  I have enough cucumbers to make another batch of relish but that's going to have to wait until another day.  I did find a time-saver for the dill pickles.  In the canning aisle at Walmart they had a kosher dill pickle mix that you just have to add to vinegar and water and it's supposed to make brine for 7 quarts of pickles (I got 9 quarts out of it).  Hopefully it tastes as good as I think it will.
Cucumbers salted for Cured Cukes

Mix for dill pickles

LOTS of canning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear as soon as it is approved by the administrator.