Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tomato Harvest and fall cleanup

The weather has been so warm I hate to think about the garden season ending.  I thought I better get out and harvest what I can before the weather gets too cold.  I harvested the rest of the tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers that were out there.  I'll just ripen the tomatoes downstairs on the bar and can them when they're ready.  The celery and broccoli will be ready to harvest in the next couple days but I'll leave them out for now.  

As I was clearing out all of the squash vines I discovered a radish that I missed when I harvested them.  It seems too woody to eat so I'll throw that in the compost pile.

I had to throw in a couple marigold and petunia pictures.  It's so nice to see these bright colors remain even though there's a lot of brown around the neighborhood.  I've been watering the lawn just so it stays healthy going into the winter.
Celery

Broccoli with side shoots

Radish I missed earlier this season

Marigolds and petunias

Petunia and marigolds

Petunias

Tomatoes harvested to ripen inside


Tomatoes, Peppers & Cucumbers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear as soon as it is approved by the administrator.