Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tomatoes, etc started

Yesterday I started a whole bunch of tomatoes - Early Girl, Mortgage Lifter, Roma, Rutgers, Sweet 100, Green Doctor's Frosted Cherry, and Juliet. I started them in smaller cells than I have in the past so they'll all fit in one black seed tray and I'll transplant them as needed. I also started petunias - Celebrity Blue, Celebrity White, and Celebrity Red. Also started chamomile and marigolds. I'm trying Cathy's suggestion and starting the flowers in smaller containers with lots of seeds as she did with her marigolds last year. I'll separate and transplant them as needed. (The plastic part from the boxes of Girl Scout Tagalongs made great trays for the petunias!)

Some of the seeds I planted already are starting to sprout. I'll need to get the new shelf put together in the office soon so I can move the sprouted seeds under the shop lights.
Bell Peppers are sprouting

Sweet Marjoram sprouting

Most of the basil, thyme, cauliflower, broccoli, and marjoram have sprouted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear as soon as it is approved by the administrator.