Monday, May 28, 2012

Storm Damage

Memorial Day today.

Last night’s storm dropped a big branch from the tree by the garden & it left a huge hole in the yard when it fell.  Of course we forgot to retract the clothes line so that got bent.  Other than some other smaller branches that was all the damage I could see upon first glance.  When I was out checking for storm damage I discovered 2 ripe strawberries.  Kaitlyn & I ate them & they were delicious!  I got most of the beds where the tomatoes will be weeded so tomorrow I can do lots of digging to fill them in.
Branch on the clothesline

Hole left by the branch

Branch down from last night's storm

Squash & radishes

Spinach & arugula



Our first strawberries of the season

Radishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear as soon as it is approved by the administrator.